Friday, March 18, 2005

Today is my last day in my current job. It's only been a three-monther, but it's been one of the more enjoyable projects I've undertaken over the last coupla years. And so has the view out over Williamstown, watching the big red ships move slowly into the Yarra, which was an awesome way to zone right out when the stupid cow with the English accent was (in fact, IS) whinging that, yet again, it's not HER fault she hasn't done her work. SHUT UP. But her aside, the gang here have been a welcoming bunch–which isn't always the case with gun-for-hire project work.

Anyway, I don't have anything lined up, so I'm looking forward to some quality time with the playstation and my CV until after Easter. And I have some plans for the house too–like getting a phoneline put in.

On days like this, you know, turning points, I tend to get overly sentimental. Or so I'm told. As I type this, I've taken to riffing on my employment history. Which is really just an excuse to mention that I once worked for this crazed German who dresses like Indiana Jones and exhibits real human bodies. That still creeps me out.

8 comments:

Riza said...

You actually worked for that guy? What doing?

skander said...

Press Office and Marketing stuff. Man that guy was a cheapskate, he liked to rely on word-of-mouth and enraged columnists and the christian-right to do his advertising for him. And he'd also rewrite our press releases in ESL.

Riza said...

Well, maybe it's working for him - he does seem to get a fair bit of free publicity.

Hey, what are you doing Good Friday? Wanna come to a dodgy student party?

LadyCracker said...

Human bodies playing soccer.... hmmm.. i love art

skander said...

You should have seen his "Harry Potter" flying on a broomstick of his own, well, spinal chord and detatched muscles and stuff. With a pair of oversized spectacles so the kiddies would know who he was... I had no idea what it was meant to be but, once I'd said that, got a chorus of "Harry Potter, derrrr!"

And that's before I start on the embyros, the horse or the pregnant woman...

LadyCracker said...

ewwwwww!
He sounds like a charming piece of work - was this in the states?

skander said...

Nah, that was in the UK, LC.

And sure, Riza, if I'm about. the final easter plans aren't set yet, so I'm open to all suggestions.

LadyCracker said...

Where are you....??????????
Everything Ok?........

New job and stuff... I need news from the dojo