Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Domestic God

This is how dull my life is right now. I have completed the following in the last 24 hours:
  • defrosted fridge and freezer
    and found 7 varieties of gluten-free soy n linseed loaf, while storing the salvageable frozen goods somewhere else freezy
  • mopped kitchen floor
  • and laundry floor
    after desposing of the previous (utterly useless) mop and visiting my favourite old-skool hardware store to buy another one, you know, proper mop head n handle, none of this sponge-on-a-stick shite, and a nice new philips-head screwdriver
  • assembled said mop with said screwdriver
  • 3 loads of washing
    (Surf Ocean Breeze)
  • 2 sets of washing up
    (Blast, the Aussie-made/owned one in red-apple (huh?) flavour)
  • jiffed the stove
  • tidied loungeroom
  • polished surfaces
  • dusted
  • watered garden
  • acted as chauffeur for various members of my family
  • sorted my finances
  • paid parking fine
    and energy bills
    and received on of those nasty insidious speed-camera tickets
  • and did the house shop at the South Melby Market (gotta love 3 grapefruit for $2)

    Add in 2 hours of kendo, and that's my life.
Is it any wonder I look forward to Neighbours of an evening.

And gin. I forgot gin. My little helper.

10 comments:

skander said...

And now all I can do is wonder whether I should have capitalised philips...

LadyCracker said...

Skander, that sounds like my weekend - a bit of post birthday sortie perhaps?

1. Fixed right indicator on car which involved me stripping wires and looking very sexy for locals I think
2.Attempted to fix washers on taps - failed, calling plumber
3. Cleaned bedroom
4. Fertilised plants
5. Swept and mopped entire house
6. Attempted to get out CD stuck in DVD player, failed, going to a big strong man for that one
7. Went to library, paid fines
8. Fixed kitchen cupboard
9. Treated myself to few beers and a dismal Carlton game.
10. thought about washing the car, changed my mind, read Mojo instead.

LadyCracker said...

11 I forgot - went to hardware and bought screwdriver, washers, screws, metal stays.

Unknown said...

Those damn Blues... they're lucky i'm in Sydney as I would have given them all a clip under the ear after that effort!

skander said...

Hey, I'm really good with washers n taps LC, should you need a cheap hand at an appropriate hour...

Post-birthday sortie?

LadyCracker said...

Did you not just celebrate a birthday?

skander said...

Yes I did LC, end o' March. Plenty of fun. But this is all more to do with my current state of employ than anything else...

LadyCracker said...

currently not employed I assume?

Riza said...

Where the hell would anybody be without gin?
And I think you would capitalise Phillips actually...

skander said...

playing telephone tag with my favoured potential employer... Not an ego-boosting thing to do, LC.