Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Ultimate Dining

Every now and again, I will be kicking about, looking the other way, and generally minding my own business when someone of the most amazing calibre strikes me over the head with a very large stick. Last night, it was our Cate. I was well enough aware of her before, in a kinda patriotic, she-was-robbed, she does interesting films, never seen her interviewed kinda way, but little did I realise how generally brilliant , and fucking down-to-earth and real she is. I mean, it's almost sickening how much of a nice bird she is. And a hottie to boot.

When this sort of epiphany comes along, the object of my admiration and/or desire gets added to the ultimate dinner party list. And yes, dead people can come, although there are only two in this version of the list, as I've decided Che a) too trite and b) most probably interminable on the struggle against American imperialism. And so, at table this week, we have:

8 comments:

greta said...

Oh hello. Look.. you've linked to me. Well done there.
Julia Davis would have to be on my invite list too. Have you seen Human Remains - the two-hander mockumentaries she did with Rob Brydon? Cruel and amazing...

LadyCracker said...

yes! Human Remainsis a brilliant show.

Sitting at my dinner table engaging in spot of pot luck would be.
1. Steve Coogan
2. George Harrison
3. Margaret Atwood
4. David Bowie (sigh)
5. Hieronymous Bosch
6. Mark Ryden
7. Joan Crawford
8. The NLI
9. Lauren Reed
10. Me

skander said...

Of course I'm there too LC, and MLI. At the heads, of course.

Man. Bosch would have to be one trippy character. As would the coathanger lady.

skander said...

Greta: no, but I wish I had. I heart Julia Davis. A lot.

And I think she's a spunk.

LadyCracker said...

naturally Skander. you and all the bloggers will be at the special table.

greta said...

I'm pretty sure i've seen a copy of human remains in Video Dogs, Carlton (next to Brunettis). They have an excellent collection of British comedy near the counter. I'd lend you my copy but it was stolen by a complete bastard.

I heart her too. I want to kidnap her and make her live under my stairs.

skander said...

Can I come and look at her and poke sticks and things at her when you have managed to put a sack over her head and drag her down here from Palm Beach, the next time she appears in FUCKING Home and Away?

I hope it's not true. Or maybe secretly I do. I'm not sure.

greta said...

This is a very disturbing development. But all may not be lost. IMDB has no reference of any Summer Bay whoring on the part of Ms Davis. They do have a separate record for a (presumably Australian) Julia Davis who appeared in The Chaser.