Wednesday, June 22, 2005

I have fallen in love twice this week.

I have read this comment of Ruth's over at Jess's Lefty Tim to Win campaign repeatedly, everyday this week. And I still chuckle, still, even now. I heart it:

I’m certainly not delving into the Behind BB live feed archives to find the exact wording, but one night the boys were teasing [Lefty Tim] about being a geek, and he said, “I’d never get called a geek in the outside world. I was smoking cones before any of you had even tasted beer.” To which one of the Logans smarmed, “Smoking dope doesn’t make you cool.” Lefty Tim replied, “Yes it does”.

It’s funny because it’s true.

And because those Logans are both fucksticks. Who don't or can't open their mouths properly when they speak. Just like Kane from Home and Away.

But Ruth's live-feed observation has been replaced in my fickle heart (already! Ah me!), by Jess' chronicling of the Bogart and Bacall love story for the ages, Romance: 21st Century Stylee. Not a more beautiful and honest tale has been told since Lang and Rose:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

My heart beats as one with Ausculture. It was this post what did it.

4 comments:

mj said...

Word Skander,
I agree. Tim is the coolest person in there. The rest are totally vacuous really.

skander said...

I wish, wish they could bring him back every 6 months for a 1 month stint of terror. Wish.

On that note, can someone please throttle haughty Susan? God she's giving me the shits at the moment.

LadyCracker said...

cheeky? me? what?

Oh and Darcy being back = brilliant TV

skander said...

Cheeky, yes LC, in a good way of course.